Monday, March 13, 2006

Actual resignation letter

Original blog from my myspace
I kid you not... This is an actual resignation letter that a friend of mine sent our boss today. I have removed the names to protect the innocent:

To further my career, I have taken a position with another
company. This is a letter of resignation effective, immediately.
Considering how former employees have been treated recently in regards
to money owed, I feel justified with the short notice you have been
given. I've simply done what I've deemed necessary to protect my own
interests. That said, I am still owed one week's pay and 1 week's
vacation pay. My account reps have been contacted and have been
passed on to _______ for the show. I did, however, write the copy which
I will email to you and ______.
Professionalism dictates a two week notice as a courtesy.
However, with the disrespect with which you treat your employees, I see
no need for said courtesy. You have, on regular occasions, threatened
your employees with physical violence such as threatening to slap them,
hurt them, kill them, tape their mouths shut and put them in cages.
All of which I have documented. Who the hell do you think you are? This
is America, you can't talk to people like that! Just because you pay
someone a salary, doesn't give you the right to to subject them to that
sort of abuse.
I came back to your company with the best of intentions. I was
extremely motivated and ready to build your business but after putting
up with this sort of assinine behaviour for over a year, I am no longer
willing to work in this oppressive environment.

You reap what you sow......

No comments: