Friday, October 27, 2006

You're Fired

So, I get this frantic IM from one of the people on my team (see transcript below, names have been changed to protect the innocent):

BK: jared i need to talk to you
Jared Tracy: what are you doing?
BK: dude
BK: A* is giving me a hard time and treathing me
Jared Tracy: I need some sheet metal
Jared Tracy: threatening you?
Jared Tracy: how?
BK: she is telling me im going to lose my job if the phone system is not installed by monday
BK: when she doesn't understand that htere was a delay
Jared Tracy: WTF
BK: becuase she fucken didn't sign for 2 weeks
BK: and she changed the fucking agreement like 3 times
Jared Tracy: I'm going to talk with that b*

Please set aside your judgment of the grammar and spelling on the part of BK. Clearly, he was frustrated and upset with the circumstances in which he found himself. I ended up going into a conference room with A* and conversing with her about the situation. It was clear that this wasn't going to solve the problem. Both BK and A* had different stories about the series of events that lead to BK's IMing me.

Long story short... Communication was cleared up between BK and A*. They almost gave each other a hug at the end of the meeting. The workplace is a beautiful thing!

No comments: