Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Sports Nerds unite on San Diego Chargers and a lil USC love too

I read two great articles on ESPN this afternoon. First, ESPN.com - NFL - Pasquarelli: No debating this draft-day deal. Really, I couldn't have said it any better myself. I must admit that I was thinking WTF when San Diego pulled the 2001 deal with Vick and Tomlinson. A couple years later, I had already forgotten about it because the Chargers were well on their way to being a quality team.

Then there was the Eli fiasco. When the Chargers decapitated Eli and crew in their first meeting since Eli's whinny bitch about San Diego, I was pleased. Eli has classic little brother syndrome because he feels like he needs to be better than Peyton. (personal message to Eli) Dude, get over it. It's a friggin game. Your older brother is better than you. You are still a good quarter back, but big brother is better. Sorry, dude.

Enough about the Eli-Rivers story and the Vick-Tomlinson story. Let's talk about the Week 12 power rankings! That's right! San Diego is at the top, BABY! Of course the Power Rankings are about as useful as the BSC (er, I mean BCS) rating system. Well, except that the Chargers will make it to the playoffs and any championship games based upon their own merit, not some system of numbers that appears to be designed to keep USC from being ranked in the top two positions. Can anyone say 2003?

technorati tags:, , , , , , , ,

Blogged with Flock

No comments: